This Labor Day weekend Vail, Colorado’s renowned local chefs gather for Gourmet on Gore – a fun, outdoor culinary celebration of Vail’s finest restaurants.
Taking part in 4th of July celebrations in the midst of the gorgeous Colorado Rocky Mountains is a sure-fire way to stir up some feelings of pride in your country.
The Vail community is passionate about our 4th of July celebrations and this year we’re going all out with activities, July 4-7. While you can find the full schedule of Vail America Days events on the official website, here are some highlights of the events we’re most excited to attend:Read More»
ULTIMATE GOPRO GAMES VIP SWEEPSTAKES – GOPRO MOUNTAIN GAMES
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Ultimate GoPro Games VIP Sweepstakes (the “Drawing”) is only open to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C., 18 years or older, who were not or are not in the employment of The Vail Corporation or any of their respective affiliates, or subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and other coordinating agencies involved in this promotion or the household members or immediate family members (spouses, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings) of any of the above. If a winner is under the age of majority in his or her state, the winner must have a parent or guardian accept their prize. Void outside the fifty United States and where prohibited by law.
2. EVENT SPONSOR. The Drawing is sponsored by The Vail Corporation, 390 Interlocken Crescent, Broomfield, Colorado 80021 (“Sponsor”).
3. TIMING. The Sweepstakes begins at 3 p.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on June 4, 2014 and ends at 5PM. MT on June 5 2014 (the “Entry Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER. There is only one way to enter the Sweepstakes:
a. ENTER by submitting a GoPro still image to Vail Mountain’s Facebook page during the sweepstakes timing set forth above
b. FOR ALL ENTRIES: All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. By participating in the contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
Certain restrictions apply. Winner assumes all liability for applicable local, state, and federal taxes associated with prize won, if applicable.
One Grand Prize: 2 nights lodging at the Lodge at Vail June 6 & 7, 2014, a GoPro Camera, and (2) VIP passes to all GoPro Mountain Games events June 6-8 2014.
Retail Value: $1,000.00- (RESTRICTIONS- Blackout dates and certain other restrictions may apply.
See below for detailed restrictions.
RESTRICTIONS DO APPLY. If Winner is unable to redeem the prize during that time period, the Grand Prize will be forfeited. In the event Sponsor determines that these restrictions have been violated, Sponsor may revoke prize. Winner agrees to abide by all Sponsor rules, regulations and policies governing use of grand prize of airline tickets and lodging services. As a condition to acceptance of any privileges, winner may be required to execute a Release of Liability, Hold-Harmless and Indemnity Agreement provided by Sponsor. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prizes.
5. DRAWING; ODDS OF WINNING. A drawing of all qualified text entrants will be held on or before June 5, 2014. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are dependant upon the number of valid entries received. The winning entry shall be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of Sponsor from all eligible entries received. Sponsor shall have sole and final decision over all matters related to the Drawing. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted; however, sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the prize stated become unavailable for any reason. Prizes are not transferrable.
6. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. . Winners may be required to sign a Prize Acceptance Affidavit prior to receiving the prize. Refusal to sign a Prize Acceptance Affidavit may render the winner ineligible for receipt of the prize.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Winner of Grand Prize may be required to complete, execute and return a Prize Acceptance Affidavit, a Release of Liability, Hold-Harmless and Indemnity Agreement, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within 30 days of notification. Failure to return documents timely, or if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be selected.
8. PUBLICITY. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity, including but not limited to the right to use and publish winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds: (1) to be tampering with the entry process or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules.
9. RELEASE. In consideration for entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with entrance in the Sweepstakes, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Sweepstakes related activity, and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Sponsor, The Vail Corporation, their subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, officers and shareholders (each a “Released Party”) from all liabilities, litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes.
10. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (1): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the J.A.M.S. Rules of Arbitration, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. In consideration of entering the Sweepstakes, ALL ENTRANTS CONTRACTUALLY AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Vail Resorts in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be GOVERNED BY COLORADO LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION shall be in the District Court for the State of Colorado or in Federal Court for the State of Colorado.
11. WINNER LIST. For name of grand prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt to Vail Mountain Marketing, P.O. Box 7, V-78, Vail, CO 81658.
12. ABBREVIATED RULES [For use only with promotional materials.]
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes subject in all respects to the complete Official Rules available at vail.com/summer/events/gopro-mountain-games-contest-rules
Now that ski season is over, we’re preparing for what many locals say is the best season in Vail: Summer.
Surprised? You shouldn’t be. The Vail Valley is an outdoor and cultural playground in summer with world class downhill mountain biking, rock climbing, road biking, hiking, kayaking, rafting, fishing and camping complemented by outdoor performances by the likes of New York City Ballet, Philadelphia Orchestra, a free concert series and MORE. Pair that with our fantastic restaurants and dynamic Village and you’ve got yourself a summer utopia.
Spring Back to Vail is arguably the most fun week to be here in Vail, Colorado. We celebrate the countdown to the end of the season with parties, free concerts, the world famous Closing Day Pond Skim and – of course – days spent savoring the last turns until next season.Read More»
Celebrate Closing Day of Vail’s 50th Anniversary Season this Sunday, April 14!
Here are the details for our sponsored parties and rules for responsibly enjoying the last day of the season.Read More»
Bud Light is coming to Vail in a big way for Spring Back to Vail and you can make the most of it with their “Get Spotted” campaign! 400 lucky winners will receive everything from an Epic Pass to access to the Bud Light Hotel Platinum Lounge to a pair of Atomic skis.Read More»