Concerts Mark 30 Years at Beautiful Ford Ampitheater
If the Vail Village’s burgeoning summertime scene has a vital center, it might well be the gorgeous Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater.
Longtime Vail homeowner President Gerald R. Ford was on hand to cut the ribbon for the opening ceremonies of “The Amp” back in 1987, and this year the town is gathering for another big celebration: this time for the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater 30th Anniversary Concerts Featuring Rodrigo y Gabriela and Third Eye Blind Aug. 18-19.
Lucas Nelson and the Promise of the Real will open on Friday night, Aug. 18 for Rodrigo y Gabriela, and Dead Man Winter featuring Dave Simonett of Trampled by Turtles will open on Saturday night, Aug. 19, for Third Eye Blind.
Tickets are available at www.grfavail.com.
In the 30 years since its opening ceremony, the Ford Amphitheater has grown to play an iconic role in regional and local art and culture. It has welcomed top-tier orchestras via Bravo! Vail, international dancers and dance companies via the Vail Dance Festival, the GoPro Mountains of Music free concerts in June and hundreds of pop-rock icons to its now-storied stage.
With the Vail slopes to the west and the Gore Range to the East, the Ford Amphitheater’s perfect location, nestled on a bend in Gore Greek, make it one of the most memorable experiences available in the Rockies.
What: GRFA 30th Anniversary Concerts: Featuring Third Eye Blind & Rodrigo y Gabriela Aug. 18-19.
When: Friday Aug. 18, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Lucas Nelson and the Promise of the Real and special guests; Saturday Aug. 19 Third Eye Blind, Dead Man Winter, and special guests. Doors open at 5 p.m.
Where: Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
Cost: Reserved seat single day: $60; reserved seat two-day: $95; general admission single day: $35; general admission two-day: $60
More information: VIP packages available, learn more at www.grfavail.com
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.