Conditions Update December 16
Powder conditions were next to perfect yesterday.
If you weren’t able to enjoy the exciting powder day we had yesterday, there are still powder stashes to be found out on the mountain.
With 2″ of snow falling yesterday, the total accumulation of this past storm was 18″. It started snowing early this morning and it will continue into the afternoon. There is a possibility of light snow showers through Thursday and there is a chance of another snow storm Christmas week. If you have time today make your way over to Blue Sky where there are sure to be some untouched pockets of powder, especially if you are up for some tree runs. The back bowls are your best bet for finding some fresh powder, although the front side will still be riding favorably with plenty of packed powder. The groomed runs of the day are The Woods, Dealer’s Choice, and Lost Boy in Game Creek Bowl. Continue doing your snow dance and be wishing for a white Christmas!
More unexpected snow today is reason to celebrate!
Head over to Blue Sky Basin for some untouched powder stashes
The front side also offers powder runs, like First Step
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.