Conditions Update December 30
Can’t think of a New Year’s Resolution? How about taking more time for yourself out on the mountain!
2014 has been an outstanding winter for Vail so far with over 150 inches of fresh snow already. Vail received 2 inches of snow last night and chances are more fresh snow will fall on January 1st to ring in the new year.
Bundle up today because temperatures will start around 0 degrees F at mid mountain and possibly reach 12 degrees by the afternoon. But don’t be deterred by the cold weather. Fresh powdery tracks are in store for those who get on the mountain early and for those of you who like to sleep in, the mountain will be riding smoothly all day with the fresh layer of snow that fell overnight. If you are still in search of those deep powder stashes make your way over to Inner & Outer Mongolia. For those of you that are willing to make the trek are in for a treat. There is something out there for everyone today with 39 groomed runs of all terrain levels, even double diamond Blue Ox. Get out there and enjoy the most of what these last days of 2014 have to offer!
Blue skies started breaking through the clouds this morning, with more sunshine possible this afternoon
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.