Conditions Update December 5
Blue Sky Basin opens! Expect Skyline Express Lift (#37) to be running today.
Taking advantage of a great start to the season, Blue Sky Basin opens today to one of it’s earliest openings in it’s 14 year history. To go along with Skyline Express (#37), Ski Patrol is also dropping the ropes on Pete’s Express Lift (#39), bringing Vail’s total terrain openings up to 4,300 acres, or enough terrain to fit in a small New England state, probably Rhode Island.
Temperatures should hover in the low 30’s, with low winds, and partly sunny skies, ideal conditions to find plentiful powder stashes in Blue Sky’s rugged terrain!
Blue Sky Basin, as seen from the top of Emperor’s Choice yesterday morning
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.