Fall Snow in Vail
October 13, 2014
Early rounds of snow continue to fall in Vail this October – which makes snow-lovers of both the human and furry variety pretty excited.
Patrol dog Mookie taking in the views on Vail Mountain after we received about 5″ of snow.
A peek into Vail’s Back Bowls after the mid-October snowfall.
The cooler round of temps have even allowed us to start snowmaking operations! Snowmakers will now be blowing snow around the clock, as conditions and temps allow.
October 2, 2014
Photo by Andrew Taylor
It’s been a beautiful week here in Vail, with the first real snow accumulations of the season mixing with peak fall foliage. It may be just the beginning of October, but we’ve definitely got winter on the brain!
Here’s what the start of the storm looked like via the Mid-Vail cam, September 29, 2014:
And here’s what we woke up to the next morning:
Nothing like that light, beautiful Colorado snow.
Fall and winter compete on the slopes of Vail.
Snow at Mid-Vail, September 30.
Clash of the seasons, taken from the North Trail in Vail, Colorado.
East Vail, the morning of October 1st.
And here’s what all those days of snow amounted to October 3rd:
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.