Insider’s guide: The Best Times to Visit Vail in the 2016-2017 Season
Vail’s Opening Day is just around the corner and it’s time to start thinking about your ski vacation to Vail. We’ll let you in on a little secret…visit Vail during our suggested times below and you’ll enjoy the best deals (ski school, dining, lift tickets, you name it!) the best lift access and a quiet alpine village all to yourself.
When are these magical times? See our insiders guide to the best times to visit Vail in the 2016-2017 season.
1. Before December 20th
Sneak in some early season turns on the surprisingly quiet slopes before the holiday vacationers come to town. This is a great time to get your ski legs under you while taking advantage of the widespread lodging deals and getting a much needed break before the chaos of the holiday season commences.
2. The “Jetaway in January” deal
Score some of the best deals of the seasons, complimented by the best conditions with our Jetaway in January deal. Schedule your trip from January 3-31 and you’ll enjoy great rates on a room within walking distance of the lifts, some of the best snow of the year and quiet ski slopes.
3. Late February to early March
Enjoy prime skiing and also catch one of the year’s most anticipated events: the Burton US Open February 27 – March 5. While the top snowboarders in the world compete at Golden Peak, you can ski or ride up to the side of the half-pipe and slopestyle courses or just go and enjoy making your own turns on the mountain.
4. Spring – April through Closing Day April 23rd
The stuff that classic ski culture is made of – with the sun out most of the day and temperatures typically in the upper 20s, 30s and even low 40s, this is the time of year when Vail visitors flock to the decks of restaurants both on-mountain and in town. There are also free grills located around the mountain if you’d prefer to bring your own picnic. While the sun is usually out, Vail is also known for late-season storms so in between goggle-tan sessions you might just find yourself enjoying a powder day.
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.