Latest Terrain Update: Jan. 2nd
A new year, brings new terrain and lift openings! Uphill access is now open on Vail Mountain.
Currently skiers and snowboarders will have access to the following lifts and 1201 acres of skiable terrain in these areas on Vail Mountain:
· Gondola One
· Eagle Bahn Gondola
· Avanti Express (#2)
· Wildwood Express (#3)
· Mountain Top Express (#4)
· Riva Bahn Express (#6)
· Game Creek Express (#7)
· Born Free Express (#8)
· Northwoods Express (#11)
· Gopher Hill Lift (#12)
· Sourdough Express (#14)
· Little Eagle (#15)
· Cascade Village Lift (#20)
· Pride Express (#26)
· Lionshead Carpet (#34)
· Eagle’s Nest Carpet (#35)
The Cascade ticket office is now open.
- Coaster – open daily from 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Single ride Ticket $20, Unlimited ride ticket $45, Unlimited ride w/lift $52
- Kid’s Snowmobiling – open daily from 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- $25 per child (kids 6 -12 yrs. Old, 100 pound max. weight), this is an inventoried product operating in ½ hour intervals (on the :15 and :45 of each hour)
- Ski Biking – open daily for two tours, 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- $95 per person
RESORT UPHILL ACCESS
Uphill access is now open on Vail Mountain with the recommended route being Simba. Once at the top, guests on skis can only ski down on open terrain. Simba is closed to downhill traffic at this time. Guests cannot access our lifts without a ski pass. Guests climbing up the mountain should expect to encounter snowcats, including winch cats, snowmobiles, snowmaking equipment and other traffic, both day and night. For any questions about skinning and hiking up the mountain or for trail recommendations on any given day, please call the Vail Trails Hotline at 970-754-3049. Vail Mountain and the U.S. Forest Service thank guests for their understanding and cooperation.
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.