Martin Luther King Weekend conditions preview
6″ in the past 7 days have kept the slopes in winter mode. Highline (#10) this morning
You’re in store for blue bird days this holiday weekend in Vail, including a solid chance of snow Saturday night and M.L. King Day!
For the most part, temperatures will stay below freezing, and skies will be blue. Seems that Sunday and Monday will be best days for powder. For the rest of the weekend, be sure to grab a grooming report map and try a new run. Blue Ox, over in Highline (#10), is scheduled to be groomed in the next few days; if you’ve never ridden Blue Ox with a brand new corduroy carpet you are missing out! Steep, wide, and empty, just one of Vail’s many secrets. Today, Northwoods was groomed, so be sure to drop by if anything just for the great views of the Gore Range. And if you’ve ever wondered how Vail’s famous and not so famous runs got their names, be sure to check this post and this one to get the full scoop. Cheers!
The opening of Golden Peak Terrain Park brought Vail to 100% open terrain!
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.