Mountain Rideshare Day – Feb. 7, 2015
Do you drive into the mountains to ski on the weekends? This Saturday, February 7, the Colorado Department of Transportation encourages you to take part in the first ever Mountain Rideshare Day!
More than 30,000 vehicles pass through the Eisenhower Tunnel on any given winter weekend day, and in those vehicles is an average of only 2.6 passengers. If each of those cars instead had four occupants, 10,000 fewer cars would be travelling through the Tunnel! So rally your friends and fill your extra seats to enjoy the powder this weekend.
Even better…let someone else drive:
CDOT has partnered with Colorado Mountain Express (CME) and the Front Range Ski Bus to offer special discounts for Mountain Rideshare Day.
CME – 50% discount on shared shuttle rides from both Denver/Front Range locations to both Summit County and Vail/Beaver Creek. Use the promo code “CMERIDESHARE” at ColoradoMountainExpress.com or by calling 970-SKI-RIDE (754-7433).
The fare, one person each way is:
To/From Breck, Keystone, Copper, Frisco, Silverthorne: $16.50
To/From Vail, Beaver Creek, Edwards, Avon: $21.00
CME’s pick up locations are:
Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center
Woolly Mammoth park and ride, Morrison Dinosaur Lots
Front Range Ski Bus – 10% discount on round trip prices AND lift ticket discounts at Copper and Loveland. Use the promo code “skibusrideshare” at FrontRangeSkiBus.com or by calling or texting 720-924-6686.
Come Say Hi!
Stop by the Dinosaur Lots in the morning on Mountain Rideshare Day for your chance to win prizes, get your tires checked and enjoy some food truck food! You can pick up your carpooler wristband at the CDOT station to receive the participating resort discounts. You can also pick up your wristbands at the resorts.
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.