Northwoods Express (#11) Debut on December 26 10th New Chairlift in Last 11 Years at Vail
Dec. 24, 2017
Photo: Broby Leeds, Winter 2016-17
VAIL, Colo. – Dec. 24, 2017 – On Tuesday, December 26, Vail Mountain will debut Northwoods Express (#11) as a six passenger lift. Northwoods Express is the most recent lift upgrade on Vail Mountain and marks the 10th new chairlift in the last 11 years at the resort. By Tuesday, Vail Mountain will have 900 acres of terrain open for skiing and snowboarding.
On Monday, December 25, Vail Mountain will open Game Creek Express Lift (#7) with additional terrain totaling 618 acres available for skiing and riding.
In addition to the new Northwoods Express Lift (#11), Sourdough Express Lift (#14) will open on Tuesday, December 26. With the chairlift openings and additional accessible terrain, Vail Mountain will have 900 acres of terrain open on Tuesday. Two Elk will be open for dining beginning Tuesday, December 26.
Northwoods Express (#11) is a primary lift on the front side of Vail Mountain, serving intermediate and advanced terrain. The new lift will reduce wait times and increase capacity by 25 percent. The increase will also improve the flow of skiers and snowboarders to the legendary Back Bowls and Blue Sky Basin throughout the day, as well as create a better flow of traffic exiting Blue Sky Basin and moving across the mountain at the end of the day.
“Vail Mountain doesn’t ski the same way it did 10 years ago,” said Doug Lovell, Chief Operating Officer of Vail Mountain. “Vail has made tremendous efforts in the last 11 years to make improvements that directly benefit our guests. The amount of lifts we have built in the time frame we have built them doesn’t happen at other resorts.”
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.