Vail Welcomes Renown Mexican Chefs, Artists & Performers
The town of Vail will welcome world renown chefs, artists and performers from its Sister City, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico the week of June 21. Throughout the week, visitors to Vail will be able to attend concerts, dinners and festivals showcasing well-known Mexican talent.
The weeklong series of events kicks off on Tuesday, June 21 when Pilaseca, a funk, rock, Latin and soul music band performs at the free Hot Summer Nights Concert at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater (Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and the shows start at 6:30 p.m.) . Pilaseca formed in 1999 in San Miguel and came out with their first album a year later.
On Thursday, June 23 from 6-10 p.m. popular Vail restaurant Sweet Basil will host a special dinner featuring Chef Carlos Zamora Larios from Restaurant Moxi and Chef Donnie Masterson from The Restaurant. Chefs Masterson and Larios will cook alongside Chef Chris Schmidt from Sweet Basil, Chef Brian Brouillard from Mountain Standard, as well as Pastry Chef Amy Andrews and Executive Chef/Owner Paul Anders from both restaurants. In addition to showcasing culinary talent from San Miguel, the dinner will feature entertainment by Mexican guitarist Gil Gutiérrez. Gutiérrez also will perform during Vail Summerfest featuring Marcus Miller on June 24.
Chef Zamora Larios and Chef Masterson will present some of their favorite dishes during the first Farm-to-Table dinner series of the summer on June 25 from 6-8 p.m. along Meadow Drive in the heart of Vail Village. For this special dinner, the San Miguel chefs will be cooking alongside chefs from restaurants along Meadow Drive in Vail.
For more information about the town of Vail and San Miguel de Allende Sister City Cultural Exchange visit VailGov.com.
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.