What are skiers thankful for?
Here are our Top Ten reasons Vail Skiers are grateful:
- Vail Powder
- The Back Bowls, Blue Sky Basin, Northwoods, the Front side….yup, all of Vail
- Chair lifts on nice days, no,… Gondola’s on cold days, no wait,… chair lifts… anything that gets us back up hill to ski again, except maybe a rope tow
- Surviving a “Yard Sale” and having no one see it
- Looking forward to the World Alpine Championships AND the Burton US OPEN in Vail/ Beaver Creek in the same year!
- Having the run of your life with your favorite ski buddies
- Seeing your friend survive a “Yard Sale” under the chair, in full view of everyone else, knowing they are going to owe you at the end of the day !
- More Powder, on a slope that no one else has discovered yet!
- Teaching a great little kid, family or friend how to ski, and seeing them get it and grin from ear to ear
- Knowing you can go skiing again tomorrow
Janet Lawrence, of the Vail Ski and Snowboard School, grew up skiing in Upstate New York and came to Vail in 1997. She has been working in the Vail Ski and Snowboard School since, first as an instructor then a Trainer and a Supervisor in the Golden Peak Children’s School. In the off- season she sails and bikes and works with children at an outdoor day camp.