SNOW REPORT: Early season conditions at Vail
Northwoods opening conditions, Nov. 28, 2013
We’re only a week into the 2013-14 season at Vail and are already seeing great conditions with new terrain opening daily. The addition of Northwoods Express Lift (#11) this morning brought us to over 800 acres with 49 open trails!
We started out with 130 acres of terrain on Opening Day last Friday, Nov. 22, with skier access from both Lionshead and Vail Village. Saturday we opened Avanti Express Lift (#2), Sunday Wildwood Express Lift (#3) and yesterday was the highly anticipated opening of the new 6-passenger lift upgrade on Mountain Top Express Lift (#4).
This rapid rate of openings can be chalked up to the 60″+ of snowfall that we’ve received since we began officially measuring for the season Oct. 15 as well as to chilly temps and the hard work of Vail’s snowmaking teams and groomers.
That significant early season snowfall can really be felt when we open new terrain with powdery runs even days after our last significant snowfall. Groomed terrain is continuing to ski well due to chilly daily highs in the upper 20s and lower 30s. While we’ve been enjoying bluebird conditions over the last few days, we’re looking forward to what forecasters are saying will be a snowy week starting this Sunday.
VAIL’S OPENING WEEK in PHOTOS
Skiing Born Free on Vail’s Opening Day. Nov 22, 2013.
Going down The Meadows after Avanti Express (#2) opened. Nov 24, 2013.
Ankle-deep powder for the opening of Mountain Top Express Lift (#4). Nov 27, 2013.
Northwoods freshly opened. Nov 28, 2013.
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.