Stay protected from the sun with Supergoop!
Sun Protection – For the mountains and at home
Did you know Vail receives an average of 300 sunny days per year? Regardless of your year-round location, continue your Vail vacation regime by staying protected with Supergoop’s “#1 piece of beauty advice: wear SPF”.
Here in the mountains, we are at higher altitude than you might be used to. With every 3,000′ increase in altitude, UV levels rise by 10-12%. This sheer closeness to the sun makes summer visitors particularly susceptible to a case of sunburn. It is recommended to apply a healthy layer at the beginning of the day, and then again every two hours. Regardless of your location, don’t let cloud cover lull you into a false sense of security; it has been proven that 80% of UV radiation can penetrate light cloud cover!
We recommend eye protection and Supergoop! Broad Spectrum suncare products to ensure protection from UV rays.
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.