USA PRO CYCLING CHALLENGE RETURNS TO VAIL, CO
The USA Pro Cycling Challenge is back in Colorado with the legendary Vail Time Trial taking place Saturday, August 23rd!
Even if you’re not a cycling aficionado, this 7-day race through some of the most beautiful areas of Colorado is an incredible event. Top cyclists – many fresh off the Tour de France – come from around the world to take part in what many call the World’s Best Stage Race.
This year’s Challenge will take the riders through some of Colorado’s most iconic spots: Breckenridge, Boulder, Monarch Mountain, Aspen, Colorado Springs, Gunnison and, of course, Vail.
Vail is lucky enough to be hosting the Time Trail for a third time in the race’s four year history. The format of the Time Trial is ideal for spectators since each athlete races individually in a staggered start. This allows you to post up and watch each cyclist speed by on his way up Vail Pass for the length of the 3 hour event. Whether you prefer to be at the center of the festivities in Vail Village or in the midst of the party atmosphere up the Vail Pass bike path is up to you!
The Vail Time Trial has its roots in the Coors Classic, a highly regarded stage race that lasted from 1980-1988. It’s a tactically challenging, 10-mile course with a gradual first half that gives way to a tough climb. Added bonus: Vail makes the thrill of victory even more sweet by giving the winner a Lifetime Epic Pass.
USA PRO CYCLING CHALLENGE EVENT SCHEDULE
Friday, August 22 – Kickoff Event – Mountain Plaza in Vail Village
Kids Activities, starting at 6 p.m.
Ice Cream Après, 6 p.m.
Free Bike-In Movie: American Flyers, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 23
USA Pro Cycling Challenge Expo, noon to 6 p.m.
Vail Village Time Trial Forerunners, noon to 1 p.m.
Start at Solaris Plaza in Vail Village Time Trial Stage 6 Race, 1:05 to 4:15 p.m.
Start at Solaris Plaza in Vail Village Award Ceremony, 4:15 p.m., Solaris Plaza
Interested in staying for the whole event? Check out Vail lodging.
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.