Vail Junior Ski Patrol
Vail Mountain has launched it’s first ever Junior Ski Patrol program, open to Eagle County students from grades 8-10.
Both my mother and father served on the Vail Mountain Ski Patrol – in fact, my mom still does. When I was growing up here in the Vail Valley, I looked up to all of Patrol as my heroes. I am so proud that I have been able to make patrolling my career – and especially at the mountain where I learned to ski.
And I’m so excited that Vail Mountain is launching this year, the Helly Hansen Vail Junior Ski Patrol Program. It’s open to all Eagle County students, grades 8-10, to apply. Just 24 applicants will be selected to spend four Sundays with us learning mountain safety; the duties and responsibilities of ski patrol; CPR and first aid; patrol tour of outposts; end-of-day sweeps; avalanche awareness; gates and closures awareness; toboggan training; and non-medical training.
This program is free – all you need is your Epic Pass. You must be a Level 7 skier (sorry, no snowboarders.) The application process requires a short video essay to show us your skiing ability and tell us a bit why you’d like to be in the program. Email the video and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan. 1. Program dates are Jan. 21 (for ski testing); Jan. 28, Feb. 5, 11 and 25.
We are so excited to share our ski patrol world with you- it is all about passion for our mountain, skiing and sharing this awesome experience with everyone who skis Vail Mountain. There is a certain responsibility to make sure that everyone knows the rules of the road so we can all have fun safely. This is so cool, I wish this program had been available to me when I was growing up here! We cannot wait to have you on the team!
Lizzie Seibert, Vail Mountain Ski Patrol
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.