Vail Mountain Opens for Bike Hauls Thursday, June 18
Starting Thursday, June 18, Vail Mountain will have mountain biking and expanded hiking from the tops of both the Eagle’s Nest and Gondola One gondolas!
Summer gondola operations have been underway since June 5, but higher than average late-season snowfall covered the top of the mountain later into the spring than normal. Fortunately, warm temps in the last few weeks have allowed trail crews to ready select trails from top to bottom. We will continue to open more hiking and biking trails as conditions allow!
On Thursday, June 18, both gondolas will be running, but Gondola One will only be accessible to public starting at noon.
Starting June 18:
- Gitalong Road
- Village Trail
- Cub’s Way
- Big Mamba
- Fred’s Lunch
- South 6 Escape
- Hank’s Hideaway
- Mane Lane
- Onza Alley
- Magic Forest
- Old 9 Line
- PMT (Caution – you may encounter construction)
Starting June 18:
- Berrypicker: This trial starts in both Vail Village and Lionshead for an intermediate climb to either Eagle’s Nest/Adventure Ridge (2.5 miles) or Mid Vail (2.7 miles). Hiking down from either gondola is also an option. Allow 2.5 hours uphill.
- Fireweed: Upper and Lower are now OPEN to walk between Mid Vail and Eagle’s Nest.
- Eagle’s Loop: This easy 1 mile loop leaves from Eagle’s Nest walking west.
- NOTE: Ridge Route is closed Summer 2015 while we make trail improvements and build the NEW Canopy Tour.
The North Challenge Course at Eagle’s Nest is open with the Zip Flyer, Kid’s Ropes Course, and Kids Zipline. A new summer tubing hill is expected to open in late June.
Sarge’s BBQ & Deck at Mid-Vail and Talon’s Deck at Eagle’s Nest serves lunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
Bistro Fourteen and Game Creek Restaurant will open for summer operations beginning Friday, June 26. Bistro Fourteen will serve lunch daily from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and dinner Fridays and Saturdays from 3 to 8 p.m. Game Creek will be open for dinner service Thursdays through Saturdays beginning at 5:30 p.m. and Sunday brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The 10th will open for summer lunch service Friday-Sunday beginning Friday, July 3.
Please be aware that there is construction on Vail Mountain as we prepare numerous new summer offerings for summer 2016 and 2017.