A two week storm cycle ended last Wednesday with perfect blue bird skies.
The snow gods were good to Vail, the last 7 days so nearly two feet of snow, and after a storm cycle that begun in mid-February the mountain was skiing and riding at its finest.
The next few days should see higher temperatures, and sunny skies, ideal for welcoming Spring back to the mountain and all the activities that entails. This sunny weather should be ideal for the upcoming Burton US Open finals in Golden Peak, with Slopestyle finals taking place on Friday and Halfpipe finals on Saturday.
For nightly entertainment, remember that this Friday March 6th, there’s another rendition of the unique Decimo Night club experience in Mid Vail. And to wrap up the Burton US Open, Vail is hosting it’s now legendary US Open closing concerts on Saturday March 7th. Girl Talk and Moon Hooch will get things going in Solaris Plaza, before the party moves to the Dobson Ice Arena with a lineup of DJ’s that would make Ibiza jealous. (You can find a full schedule of US Open events and concerts here).
With spring fast approaching, next week should be all about soft moguls, corn snow on the back bowls, and impromptu parties at Vail Mountain’s decks and grills (while we wait for the first Spring storm). For a real challenge to your quads before brews and burgers on a sunny deck, head over to Highline late in the morning, which runs under the lift of the same name, and try to ski soft marshmallow moguls the size of small cars. If you can ski the whole run with out stopping once, you are a true mogul master! If you have to take a few breaks, remember, you still have a couple of months to practice before the season ends!
There’s no such thing as too many winter photos of Blue Sky Basin
The good thing about Spring in Vail? It snows a lot! SunUp Bowl last Wednesday
If we get a usual spring, scenes like this from last Wednesday should be common in March and April.
- Behind the Scenes
- Conditions Update
- Construction Update
- Do Good
- Epic Discovery
- Epic Pass
- Interesting People
- Legendary Terrain
- Ski and Snowboard School
- Skiing and Snowboarding Tips
- Terrain Parks
- Town and Village
- Trails and Terrain
- Vacation Planning
- Vail en Español
- Vail Unscripted
- Vail Seize the Season 2018/20
- A Lot on the Line
- Vail Fires Up Snowmaking as Mother Nature Delivers up to 9" Inches of Snow Across Colorado
- Start to Snow: Winter 2019-20
- Revely Vail: A Thanksgiving Celebration
- Helly Hansen and Vail Resorts Announce Outerwear Collaboration for the Upcoming Winter Season
- Epic Pass: Here's Why You Should Buy
- Vail Mountain Snowmaking Expansion Project, Re-imagining Early-Season
- Earlier Openings, Longer Season, and Enhanced Guest Experience for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Memorial Day in Vail- Things to Do, Places to See.